Over the years I’ve appeared as a guest 82 times on everyone’s favorite podcast, Caleb Brown’s Cato Daily Podcast, discussing all manner of issues. (You can browse those shows here.) Today, however, I wanted to give a nod to some of the other podcast hosts who’ve had me on as a guest. Voting and election law, the Supreme Court, and big legal cases have been among the most frequent topics. Some dates and topics starting with the most recent, from three days ago:
- Ranked choice voting on Future of Freedom [America’s Talking Network] with Scot Bertram — I’m the “pro” in paired pro and con interviews.
- Election law, emergencies, and the pandemic in retrospect on the Conduit Street Podcast [Maryland Association of Counties] with Michael Sanderson and Kevin Kinnally, following up on a March 2020 show that explored some related themes.
- 14th Amendment disqualification and other topics on Beg to Differ [The Bulwark] with Mona Charen. Earlier (2022) appearances on the same podcast included shows looking at the FBI Mar‐a‐Lago raid, as well as voting rights battles and President Biden’s first year.
- The Trump prosecutions on Zooming In [The Unpopulist] with Aaron Ross Powell.
- School district lawsuits against social media companies on Tech Policy Podcast [TechFreedom] with Corbin Barthold.
- Voting issues, Roe v. Wade, and freedom to marry on Kibbitzing with Kagan with Maryland Sen. Cheryl Kagan.
- Election fraud and security on The Great Antidote [Adam Smith Works] with Juliette Sellgren.
- Minimum wage laws on Legal Talk Today with Laurence Colletti, first and second parts, and an earlier appearance on legal accountability for Seattle’s CHAZ/CHOP protests.
- Supreme Court developments on free speech on So to Speak [Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression]
- Brett Kavanaugh nomination and freedom to marry on The Score [Bearing Drift] with Rick Sincere in two parts: first, second, and an earlier appearance with the same host on Inside Charlottesville.
- Medical liability on Radiology Firing Line [Journal of the American College of Radiology] with Saurabh Jha, episode 32.
- What it’s like to work at a think tank on Interesting People [WFRE] with Patrick Hanes.
- How to amend the constitution on Civics 101 [New Hampshire Public Radio].
I’ve also appeared on many podcasts to discuss redistricting, gerrymandering and issues of Maryland politics, including You Don’t Have To Yell with Dan Sally, I Hate Politics with Sunil Dasgupta, Policy for the People [Rainey Center], at least three episodes of Frederick Uncut and In the Booth [Frederick News Post], A Miner Detail with Ryan Miner, Elevate Maryland with Candace Dodson Reed and Tom Coale, and Eye on Our Community [WTHU] with Kai Hagen.