The overall markets whipsawed again last week in reaction to the war in Ukraine. It wasn’t just stocks…
- Oil futures hit a 13-year high of $130 per barrel on March 6. In premarket trading today it was down to $105 per barrel.
- The London Metal Exchange suspended nickel trading on March 8 after a short squeeze caused a 250% spike in 24 hours. On Friday it scrapped $3.9 billion worth of trades.
- Gold neared all-time highs on March 8, hitting $2,069 per ounce. The next day it dropped 3.85%.
Why am I telling you this?
Because in times of uncertainty, it’s best to stick with what you know.
Last week I only took two trades (and closed a weekend trade) due to my personal schedule.
I was also in a weird time zone for trading and not feeling 100%.
But I locked in $5,100 with a 100% win rate.
By focusing on my A+ setups. It all starts with knowing what to watch…
- Hycroft Mining Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: HYMC … read my analysis here)
- Kona Gold Beverage Inc. (OTCQB: KGKG … read my analysis here)
- Tonner-One World Holdings Inc. (OTCPK: TONR … read my analysis here)
Top Penny Stocks List: March 14, 2022
Stay safe as the market volatility continues due to Putin’s crazy war. Remember, you don’t have to trade every day. In the long run, you’ll have more success waiting for your best setups and trading like a sniper.
These are the OTCs I’m watching this week…
And here are the listed stocks I’m watching…
3 Penny Stocks to Watch This Week
Precious metals and mining stocks ran last week on uncertainty around the Russia-Ukraine war. This week’s first featured stock is one of many hot mining sector runners…
Top Penny Stocks List #1: Hycroft Mining Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: HYMC)
Hycroft Mining Holding Corporation is a gold and silver mining company.
Key points about HYMC…
- Last week investors piled into gold as a safe haven during the war-driven market volatility. Tiny mining companies like Hycroft caught on near the end of the week.
- HYMC is a low-float microcap. That means it has a higher than average potential for short squeezes.
- HYMC spiked 138% on Thursday. It spiked another 82% on Friday before pulling back to close up 25%.
HYMC trades choppy like other recent spikers CEI and INDO. I’m in no rush to chase. It’s a potential dip buy into any big morning panic.
Top Penny Stocks List #2: Kona Gold Beverage Inc. (OTCQB: KGKG)
Kona Gold Beverage Inc. develops and sells energy drinks containing hemp seed protein powder.
Key points about KGKG…
- On March 7, the company announced Walmart will sell its Ooh La Lemin Lemonade.
- It also beat February revenue projections.
- On Thursday, it announced a new sparkling line of Ooh La Lemin Lemonades.
- KGKG spiked 217% in four days thanks to the steady stream of press releases.
I traded KGKG on the Walmart news last week for a small $266 win.
Top Penny Stocks List #3: Tonner-One World Holdings Inc. (OTCPK: TONR)
Tonner-One World Holdings, Inc. is in the digital commerce, crypto, and NFT spaces.
Key points about TONR…
- On March 7, Tonner-One announced an NFT drop and new crypto/forex trading software. TONR spiked 116% on the NFT news.
- It also announced a series of shareholder Zoom presentations on March 15, 22, and 29.
- On March 10, the company tweeted a picture with five NFTs set to drop in April. The tweet also said the company will give away 10 NFTs on the March 15 Zoom call.
Tonner-One World Holdings is a sub-penny former runner. It’s also a self-promotion machine with a constant barrage of tweets.
TONR is a potential buy into any morning spike with big volume and news. I’m also watching for potential morning panics — the bigger and sharper the panic, the better. Keep in mind that with the upcoming shareholder calls, TONR could turn into a ‘buy the rumor, sell the news’ play.
Last week student-turned-master Jack Kellogg passed $9 million in trading profits. Get inspired by his mindset…
When Jack started in 2017, he studied every spare hour he had. He started small — with just $7,500 — and had to grind every day. He hated trading under the PDT rule. So he started a side hustle selling bamboo pillows at the local mall…
Jack eventually saved enough money from his valet job to get over the PDT.
By the time the market got hot in 2020, he was ready. During the hot market, Jack prioritized trading over everything else. He pushed it harder than anyone I’ve ever seen.
What you might not know is that Jack’s health suffered from the stress and the long hours he put in. In early 2021 he was trying to manage roughly 60 positions at once.
So when the market slowed down, Jack prioritized his health. He changed his diet and started exercising. He kept trading — for practice. His goal was to be ready when opportunity presented itself.
It’s not easy. Jack’s the first to admit there are times you might want to give up. Just know that Jack started where you are right now — with a burning desire and the willingness to learn. Get inspired, study hard, and stick with it.
Want to learn directly from Jack? You’re in luck, he gives back as a mentor in the Breakouts & Breakdowns chat room. I can’t recommend it enough.
This is where your journey begins. If you can change your mindset from making money to learning, there’s hope.
New to penny stocks? Start with my FREE penny stock guide.
Also, get my best-selling book “An American Hedge Fund” here at no cost.
For the basics of my strategies, read “The Complete Penny Stock Course.”
And if you think you have what it takes, maybe the Trading Challenge is for you. Only apply if you’re willing to study hard. It’s not easy, but it’s where all my top students refined their skills.
Trading Challenge students also get access to my daily watchlists. All successful traders make their own watchlists. Studying mine (and those of other successful traders) is a good start, but you need to learn…
How to Create Your Own Penny Stocks List
Answers to watchlist FAQs…
How Can You Create Your Own Watchlist?
To start, look for big percent gainers. For two decades, big percent gains have been my #1 criteria. After that, I look at trading volume and a catalyst or reason behind the price action. Read “Stock Watchlist Guide: Tips & Examples to Develop Your Own” for details about the entire process.
Should I Create a Watchlist Every Day?
All serious traders create a daily watchlist. If you’re serious about trading penny stocks, making a daily watchlist is essential.
Does Tim Sykes Provide a NO-COST Watchlist?
Yes. Subscribe to my weekly penny stock watchlists below.
How to Use the Top Penny Stocks List Weekly Update
When you read the weekly penny stock list (and the monthly watchlist), don’t think of them as hot picks. Frankly, sometimes they’ll be duds. That’s why it’s called a watchlist. Welcome to penny stocks.
It all starts with looking for big percent gainers. Try to figure out why I’ve put the stocks on my list. Study so you can help yourself become a self-sufficient trader. Only fools chase hot picks.
What do you think about this penny stocks list and weekly update? Comment below, I love to hear from all my readers!